Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Raison d'etre

I've mentioned I've been doing a LOT of reading on this ugly disease. Everything from medical journals to blogs covering people's personal journeys. There are lots of support groups and information sites for cancer patients. Not as much for the support members though.

So maybe that's my raison d'etre for this blog. You go through so many emotions but you start to feel like you're crazy 'cause no where does it say "you will be angry/mad/resentful/jealous/happy/sad and it's OK to feel this way." There are no guidelines for how to support your best friend through the craziest ride ever.

From this day forward (no, these aren't my wedding vows) I promise to be open about how I'm feeling and the emotions I experience. I promise to write honestly and from my heart.  It's not with the intent to offend any of my friends or family who may later read this - especially Dani - but for those who may be going through a similar experience and looking for validation of their own feelings or a safe place where they can share their own.

If I can help others, even in the smallest way, then maybe I will start to feel a little less helpless through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment