Monday, April 8, 2013

Soaking Up Some Rays

My bestie is currently on a beach in the Cayman Islands. Am I jealous? Aaaah, hells ya! A good friend of ours exchanged vows there this week. After a wretched year, this is a much deserved trip for my bestie and her hubs. They made it through the fight of their lives.

While I hated not being there, it made it a little less painful knowing we were both soaking up some rays. My bestie: on the pristine white beach. Me: on the crisp white slopes.

Yesterday was the last day of spring skiing in the Ottawa region. And it was gorgeous. I'm not sure we could have asked for better weather. The sun was shining while the air remained cool keeping the snow hard and fast. The trails were perfectly groomed at Calabogie Peaks and the best part? No one there.

It's days like this when a little bit of me wishes winter wouldn't end. I know, I know. I did not just say that. But really, does it get any better than this:

calabogie peaks
Perfect day at Calabogie Peaks
 

Le sigh. Dreaming of next season already.

No comments:

Post a Comment